Law Office Sarajevo
Law Office Sarajevo
Regional Bar Association Sarajevo is being formed for the region of Sarajevo Canton and Bosansko-Podrinjski Canton, the seat of the Regional Bar Association Sarajevo is in Sarajevo.
Regional Bar Association Sarajevo represents all lawyers, associate lawyers and law interns from the region of Sarajevo Canton and Bosansko-Podrinjski Canton before canton and municipal bodies and institutions.
Regional Bar Association, through its bodies, performs all competencies as foreseen by law, general acts of the Federal Bar Association and this Statute, particularly pertaining to:
• Providing professional independence of lawyers
• Obtaining the right to perform lawyers’ profession, profession of associate lawyers and law interns,
• Disciplinary proceedings and disciplinary responsibility for infringing the rules of professional conduct,
• Protection of rights and interests of lawyers, joint lawyers’ firms, lawyers’ associations, associate lawyers and law interns,
• Professional training of lawyers, monitoring the training of associate lawyers and law interns,
• Cooperation with legislative, judicial and executive authorities,
• Relations between lawyers and their parties and
• Cooperation with lawyers’ and other institutions and associations
Bodies of the Regional Bar Association Sarajevo are:
• Assembly, Board of Directors, President and Vice-presidents, Disciplinary Court, Disciplinary Prosecutor and Supervisory Board.
Regional Bar Association can form other bodies, whose name, way of election, scope of activities and other issues relevant for their work will be regulated by the Assembly of the Regional Bar Association by its acts.
With the aim to perform professional, technical, subsidiary and other activities, the Regional Bar Association can engage regular employees and associates based on service contract.
The Assembly of the Regional Bar Association Sarajevo will consist of all lawyers from the territory of the Regional Bar Association, three associate lawyers who will be delegated by the Organization of associate lawyers, if they have formed their organization, and three law interns to be delegated by the Organization of law interns.
Candidates who perform lawyer’s profession at least ten (10) years and who fulfill the conditions from Article 21 of this Rules of Procedure can be nominated and elected as President and Vice-presidents of the Regional Bar Association Sarajevo. The same person cannot be proposed two consecutive terms and elected as President of the Regional Bar Association Sarajevo.
Sarajevo is the capital and largest city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, with an estimated population of 370.000. The Sarajevo metropolitan area, including Sarajevo, East Sarajevo and surrounding municipalities, is home to 688,354 inhabitants. Moreover, it is also the capital of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina entity, the capital of the Republika Srpska entity, and the center of the Sarajevo Canton. Nestled within the greater Sarajevo valley of Bosnia, it is surrounded by the Dinaric Alps and situated along the Miljacka River in the heart of Southeastern Europe and the Balkans.
Sarajevo is the capital of the country of Bosnia and Herzegovina and its sub-entity, the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as of the Sarajevo Canton. It is also the de jure capital of another entity, Republika Srpska. Each of these levels of government has their parliament or council, as well as judicial courts, in the city. In addition many foreign embassies are located in Sarajevo.
Sarajevo is home to the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the operational command of the Armed Forces of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Law office of Prnjavorac
Law Office of Prnjavorac - Bosnia and Herzegovina